Mini Challenge

Mini Challenge

Friday 15 July 2016

Top of the championship ahead of Brands Hatch Mini Festival

Photo: David Young
On the Sunday at Rockingham we had to start from 6th in the 2nd race of the weekend. 

The race was a struggle but we came home with the worst result of the year in 4th place - ending my run of podiums. 

Now for the final race of the day. I was starting 3rd in this race as it was a reverse grid for the top six cars. I managed to hold my position going into the first corner with my championship rival only one place behind me. On the second lap the two cars in front tangled, opening up the lead for me, with my rival Charlie in hot pursuit.

For the 20 minute race I managed to hold on and win the race, securing a second win of the season and the championship lead ahead of the next round at Brands Hatch. 

I'm currently looking at entering a round of the Clio Cup, which is part of the British Touring Car Championships so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment